What is it?
Permanent cosmetics, also referred to as micro-pigmentation, is a cosmetic tattooing or dermal pigmentation. It is a process where completely natural pigments are implanted beneath the epidermis (top layer of skin) into the dermal or second layer of skin by micro insertion. The pigments used have been specially formulated for cosmetic application which is not to be compared with traditional tattooing in which permanent skin dyes and inks are placed into the skin.
What are common procedures?
Is the procedure painful?
This may vary according to each individual's pain threshold; however, topical anesthetics are used to numb the area to minimize the discomfort.
Who would benefit from permanent cosmetics?
Everyone from the young to the elderly who:
- desire a natural enhancement to their appearance
- are fashion conscious
- want to save time each day
- have to look their best in the professional world
- have sparse or very light eyebrows
- are allergic to cosmetics
- have ultra sensitive eyes
- have visual limitations
- have unsteady or arthritic hands
- wear full lip color that does not bleed through lip line
- want the convenience of make-up that will not smudge, smear or wear off